The federal government will assume full responsibility for running a health insurance exchange in Indiana beginning in 2014. With less than 100 days until the exchange marketplace opens, many people are left confused as to what will happen. Don’t worry, we’ll walk you through the basics!
How the Exchange Marketplace will work:
- Coverage is supposed to fit individual needs. There will be multiple plan designs based on Metal plans, offering different levels of coverage.
- A Indiana resident that purchases a policy through the exchange may get a break on cost through a new premium tax credit. The tax credit will be advanced to the health plan to help lower your monthly premium.
- Unbiased help and customer support will be provided by agents and navigators.
- The plans offered in the exchange will meet the minimum standards set by the law.
- There will be an easy-to-use online platform.
- Insurance companies will be competing for business so you can find the best deal for your needs.
One process to determine if you’re eligible for:
- Qualified Health through the Exchange/marketplace
- New Tax credits to lower premiums
- Reduced cost sharing
- Children’s Health Insurance Program(CHIP)